Subject: Re: [Leica] XXX of the YYY? WAS (something else) (fwd)
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:10:10 +0100 (MET)

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:44:26 +0100 (MET)
From: Daniel Ridings <danielr@ulrik.uio.no>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: [Leica] Freedom of the press? WAS (something else)

> But when it comes to laws, no other nation can match the US
> Constitution. How it's carried out is the responsibility of the
> administration in charge. Give us a few years to fix that.

No debate there from me.

I think I have figured out a red-thread through their logic and I
mentioned it: journalists in jail.

So they don't take issue with the fundamental principles, but with they
way they are followed from year to year. It seems that most of their
activity is centered around sending letters, petitions to governments
demanding the release of journalists who are in jail. Kind of like Amnesty
International for journalists.

When I read the annual report for the US the criticism was almost all
about journalists being jailed or threatened. That seems to be their main
concern.

Best,
Daniel