Subject: Re: [Leica] XXX of the YYY? WAS (something else) (fwd)
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:56:00 -0800

Well, I just heard today that the Bush administration is denying access
to journalists the funerals and even the return on air bases of bodies
from the war.

He thinks he can keep people's attention away form casualties? What a
fool! Those people died for their country. We honor them be recognizing
their lives when they are honored. Are the funerals public? Then the
pubic should be there to honor them for their sacrifice! Bush doesn't
even have the integrity to show up for any of those funerals himself.

Bush is trying single-handedly to destroy the great tradition of
journalistic independence and it's watchdog role. How un-American.

On Nov 14, 2003, at 1:10 AM, Daniel Ridings wrote:

> When I read the annual report for the US the criticism was almost all
> about journalists being jailed or threatened. That seems to be their
> main
> concern.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day. - Will Rogers.

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] XXX of the YYY? WAS (something else) (fwd))