Subject: [Leica] Photography portal - visit to Paris Photo exhibition
From: jeffwill <jeffwill@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:58:20 +0100

Salut LUGgers
During my visit to Paris Photo exhibition yesterday where the dealers and
galleries show off their expensive prints I also had time to visit the
commercial area where the magazine distributors and other exhibitors are
present. There was one which caught my eye, a photo portal called
www.photography-now.com
I liked this site because you can specify where you live and then get a
list of current exhibitions. It is fairly ambitious in what it is
attempting to!
If ever you are in Paris or visiting in mid November I personally think
this exhibition is well worth the visit! I especially liked the photos
displayed by the Leica Gallery in Prague. What surprises me is the number
of people wandering around with videocameras filming everything. I always
thought this was not allowed but many people seemed to be doing it.
Lastly if you like photo magazines from all countries there was one stand
with a huge range of european magazines as well as US/Canadian etc
www.falsten.com.I am not associated with them but I get my Australian
"Black and White" magazine through them along with "Leica world".
Next year perhaps we can see a few european LUG members there!
Kind regards
Jeff the kiwi (who is still grimacing after the world cup rugby loss to the
aussi's yesterday..ouch!)
PS most expensive vintage print I saw 26,000 euros by Brassai.. not a lot
under 5,000 euros if it was a well-known photographer but one or two
pinhole photos for 1200 euros by someone I'd never heard of!