Subject: RE:[Leica] Leica For sale
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:28:33 +0100

> I am going the other way, into large and larger
> format photography.  I never thought that it could
> happen, that a 4x5 negative looks small to me.
> So,  what's the Leica of large format cameras ?
> (quality, if not price).
>
> - Phong

Phong

I suppose that everybody will have a different opinion but, for me, the
Leica of 4x5 is the Super Technika from Linhof. I use mine with a 65mm, a 90
and a 165mm that are roughly equivalent to 17mm, 28mm and 50mm. I did never
found the need for a tele in the LF.

You can find at a, relative, decent price these cameras on the second hand
market. Lenses are mainly from Schneider Kreuznach, Carl Zeiss, Kodak, Fuji
and Nikkor, among others, and may be found at a sensible price in the 2nd
hand market and in the Bidders well known place.

If you lack experience you need start from scratch as the way is too
different. There are many experienced and well trained photographers in the
list, much better than me, that may help you. Shooting LF it's a pleasure
and I well remember my first shoots with the camera of my father exactly
forty three years ago.

Felix

Replies: Reply from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: RE:[Leica] Leica For sale)
Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica For sale)