Subject: Re: [Leica] Testing Velvia 100F
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:55:47 -0500

Ruben:

No one... no one! is making 11x14 color film any longer.  I managed to
score 26 boxes of Ektachrome 100 (2001) and 12 of Fujichrome 64T (1997)
which should keep me in film for awhile.

There's still plenty of variety in 8x10, even color negative, but with
the increasing popularity of digital it won't be long before even that
format is discontinued.  Doug Herr has indicated that he has a freezer
full of Kodachrome for his Leica R work.

  So, buy a lot now and freeze it.

- --

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

RUBEN BLĘDEL wrote:

> Arrggghhh!!! I was just thinking of going into large format - I guess my
> MF tools will be covered by afordable digital backs in a year or two -
> but Arrggghhh!  I will need to fill my frezzer with RSX II  and Scala -
> will Fuji and Kodak treat you who favors these film-brands the same way.
> It is a cruel world -  I have been wanting a Leica since it was called
> M4 and now a couple of years ago - after over twenty years  of waiting -
> I finally got one - a M6 and it 100 % right in handling like no other
> camera I have ever used - I even like the limitations of film as a part
> of the challange og picture making - oh my ... am I being an anachronism
> now  - and I have only just passed 40
> Tim Atherton wrote:
>
>>> Nathan - Not wanting to sound like an all-Agfa guy but have you tried
>>> the RSX II slide 100 iso film.
>>>

>> Don't hold your breath on the RSX II for too long. Agfa has just
>> discontinued it in sheet sizes (in fact they have just discontinued ALL
>> sheet film colour and B&W - they are out of the LF film business now).
>> There
>> is a good chance they will be going the same way with smaller sizes in
>> the
>> future. When I spoke to Agfa HQ in Belgium about the sheet film I
>> asked them
>> about the future of smaller film sizes - basically they wouldn't
>> commit to
>> it's future being guaranteed.... basically they said with a film
>> product if
>> sales drop below a certain level, they will just discontinue it.
>>
>> tim

- --

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

Message from RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk> (Re: [Leica] Testing Velvia 100F)