Subject: Re: [Leica] vuescan vs twain
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:50:21 +0000

No Adam, I think you are probably completely right although I have
little knowledge of such things. My understanding is that twain is just
the 'link' between the scanner software and the program (e.g.
Photoshop). There are a number of stand-alone scanning programs though
(such as Vuescan and Silverfast) and these can be used as an alternative
to the program that comes with the scanner, some would argue advantageously.

Gerry