Subject: RE: [Leica] The Right To Privacy
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:09:34 -0500

I don't know who made the inane comment about "photographing these dead
dudes," but the death of U.S. service men and women while on duty is and
always has been what is called NEWS. The media doesn't photograph
coffins and funerals to "make a cheap political statement;" it does so
because the deaths are NEWS. The only "cheap political statements" are
those regarding why the media shouldn't be doing its traditional job of
reporting news.