Subject: Re: [Leica] Quick illustration
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:50:44 +0100 (MET)

> This was a quick illustration for a friends web site, [still in
> production], Shot with my LC5 with only its internal flash. I am working
> up a medium format shot of the same setup with better lighting to be
> used in the final site, but this isn't too bad considering that it took
> all of 3 minutes to set and shoot.

Not bad at all. Recently I've become more interested in buying some
"available light" (Kyle Cassidy states emphatically that flash _is_
available light ... he's on the LUG). Lights and some backgrounds ...
maybe moving from informal to formal portraits, or at least adding the
possibility.

The top gun looks like it would be better presented with some additional
lighting, otherwise it really looks good and for a web site.

> These are out of my collection, I
> will be using some from his collection for the final shot.

I had an uncle who collected these. He worked for Remington (is that their
name? ... ammunition factory) in southern Illinois. He's dying now from
all the poisons was in contact with all those years. He used to let me
shoot it. I was a good shot with modern guns, but with that thing I was
lucky to hit the broadside of the shed across the road. Never learned the
trick.

Daniel Ridings
Lindome, Sweden