Subject: [none]
From: "Bill Palmer" <bill.palmer@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:27:30 -0000

LUG at MK

We had a great day on 19th November at Leica UK in Milton Keynes.\
Nobby Clark played host and prime presenter and gave us an insight\
into the current R & M range. \
Towards the end of the first session, and with not a little theatrical
flourish, \
he unveiled both a 90mm Macro and a CM! We later had an opportunity \
to "fondle" both, so here are first impressions:

90: Light, very compact. Reversible old-style hood. Goggles easy to fit, \
even with a winder-m attached, although they foul the Abrahamsson grip \
which was mounted to my M7. Close focus at .5m does not sound that \
big an improvement, but it is. I took a couple of test shots, unfortunately\
at 1/30 (the joys of an f4), and we'll see how they come out.\
Very compact when closed down.

CM: Great. A real Leica. Appreciably smaller than the Minilux.\
Good form factor, good handling. Quiet. Most important of all \
(to me at least) YOU CAN DEFAULT THE FLASH TO OFF!

It was really good to meet the other members who turned up,\
and to put faces to postings!

Big thanks to Gerry Walden who organised the day and to Nobby\
and the other Leica UK guys who made us feel so welcome.

Regards,

Bill Palmer