Subject: Re: [Leica] asking cropping advice
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:04:08 -0800

simon jessurun showed and asked:
Subject: [Leica] asking cropping advice

 > > Hello,
> > I cut out this
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-56489.html
> > from this one
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-56517.html
> > allthough i dont like it i cant get it any better?
> > Apart from throwing away both,would any of you help out with a better
> solution?<<<<<<

Hi Simon,
How would I treat this if it were my shot. Dump it!!!!!!  Why?

Well when you "have to work" to find an image fit to print, 99.9999% of the
time there isn't anything there to start with. It's the same as looking for
pictures and all you are doing is knocking yourself out recording nada for
any number reasons. Usually nothing hits you between the eyes as in....
"WOW! Look at that! Click" Good one in the can.

Looking at this frame there isn't anything there simply because that's what
happens sometimes.

You didn't hold the camera straight to start off with tilting the
background, the guy walking by is just walking by with nothing of interest
or anything about why he's in the frame. Almost like he walked into your
frame as you tripped the shutter. Right? And I'd bet a shilling that's
exactly what happened.

Save yourself a lot of time fussing and fiddling trying to make a silk
purse, out of road kill!. ;-)

Dump it! Chalk it up to , "Oh well one of those exposures that didn't work."
And move on finding something better.

ted

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] asking cropping advice)