Subject: Re: [Leica] asking cropping advice
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:34:09 +0100

>  > > Hello,
> > > I cut out this
> > > http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-56489.html
> > > from this one
> > > http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-56517.html
> > > allthough i dont like it i cant get it any better?
> > > Apart from throwing away both,would any of you help out with a better
> > solution?<<<<<<
>
> Hi Simon,
> How would I treat this if it were my shot. Dump it!!!!!!  Why?
>
> Well when you "have to work" to find an image fit to print, 99.9999% of
the
> time there isn't anything there to start with. It's the same as looking
for
> pictures and all you are doing is knocking yourself out recording nada for
> any number reasons. Usually nothing hits you between the eyes as in....
> "WOW! Look at that! Click" Good one in the can.
>
> Looking at this frame there isn't anything there simply because that's
what
> happens sometimes.
>
> You didn't hold the camera straight to start off with tilting the
> background, the guy walking by is just walking by with nothing of interest
> or anything about why he's in the frame. Almost like he walked into your
> frame as you tripped the shutter. Right? And I'd bet a shilling that's
> exactly what happened.
>
> Save yourself a lot of time fussing and fiddling trying to make a silk
> purse, out of road kill!. ;-)
>
> Dump it! Chalk it up to , "Oh well one of those exposures that didn't
work."
> And move on finding something better.
>
> ted

Thanks for the advice.
Maybe i should stop uploading and switch to the political discussions.
simon

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] asking cropping advice)
Reply from Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com> (Re: [Leica] asking cropping advice)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] asking cropping advice)