Subject: Re: [Leica] film and scan questionsquestions
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:29:07 -0500

I shoot mostly transparency film, and have found that a slight
over-exposure is best... in that a slide that is a little bit lighter
than I would usually like, scans best.

A dense slide, (underexposed) or a dense negative, (over-exposed) is
best avoided.

I use Provia F 100 and 400, and Ektachrome 100 and 100SW the most.

For color negative film, there's nothing as good as the various Portras.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com