Subject: Re: [Leica] Autumn colors in Sweden
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:58:22 -0800 (PST)

Here in the US of A, our Euro-style products are
mostly made in China too.

I like IKEA's cafe': It's kind of healthy, but they
don't hit you over the head about it, and no one there
attempts unnatural acts with tofu. The closest
homegrown alternative that we have to IKEA might be
Target. Target also has a hot food department: I once
bought a hot dog there; the woman behind the counter
assured me it was fresh, and in geological terms, I
suppose it was. When I bit into one end of the bun,
the sausage squirted out the other end and skidded
across the floor and wound up in some dark recess of
the store, like a scene from Alien. The overall dining
experience was less-satisfying than Ikea's, but more
enjoyable than "reality TV".

>Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:58:48 +0100 (MET)
>From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Autumn colors in Sweden
>
>Yeah, I keep telling my wife ...
>
>"You know, you can BUY that stuff down at IKEA and
>it's been fire-proofedto boot!"
>
>Daniel
>
>On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>
> Jeff
>
> The simple life is hardly ever simplistic.
Sometimes ya gotta
> work your tail off to keep it simple!
>
> Jerry
>
> Jeff S wrote:
>
> > Thanks for sharing, Daniel! I enjoyed the photos.
> >
> > Here in the USA, we have lavish magazines which
show
> > us how to reconnect with the simple pleasures of
> > importing ornaments that someone made by hand in
> > Sweden from found materials ;-)
> >
> > I leafed through an issue of Real Simple Magazine
> > (www.realsimple.com) and it was an eye-opener:
This
> > simplicity business is trickier than I thought: I
had
> > no idea that there were so many ways to
accessorize
> > the simple life.
> >
> > >From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
On
paw@topica.com
> > >Subject: [Leica] Autumn colors in Sweden
> > >
> > >The Christmas season is coming. In Sweden we use
> > >various things from
> > >the forests (moss, berry twigs) to make seasonal
> > >decorations. My wife and I went scavaging
(spotted a