Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Digilux 2
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:01:24 -0500

Phong,
For the proof scan, any lab with a Fuji Frontier can give you a 3000dpi
scan in the $4-$7 dollar range.  As for individual scans; have you tried
giving Rich at Photovillage a call?  I am sure that if you batch the
good scans in some number your price can be agreed on especially if time
isn't an issue.

Other solutions would include picking up a used Kodak 3600 scanner.  If
you have a big enough hard drive it supports fire wire and will do a
batch scan as you indicate.  Dante S. sold his in the $400 range for
price perspective.

In the past you have indicated a movement to larger film stock, so have
you priced out a refurbed Imacon to use at home/studio?  The price is
amortized out over a few hundred scans and unless you spend the time to
really work with a tech your own scans will be better than someone else
scanning your work.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com