Subject: Re: [Leica] Flare-resistant Leica wide angle lenses
From: Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 07:00:04 -0600

I've used both, but currently use the AF. The lens formula is
supposedly the same. I bought the Leica 24mm because the 24mm was one
of my favorite lenses on Nikon- much easier than the 20mm for me. The
Leica just seems to be far less susceptible to flare and seems
sharper at the edges (though I haven't done any formal comparisons or
testing). I can't say that there is a lot of difference otherwise
between the two, except that the Leica does have a much better hood
and costs about 5 times as much.

Allen