Subject: RE: [Leica] WAS: martha quote NOW: who does and teach? ;-)
From: "Kit McChesney" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:12:55 -0700

Ted--

I love this part of what you said, for what it says about those folks who
would not give you the benefit of their knowledge:

"This came about because when I was learning photography,  nobody in the
professional ranks would tell you anything because they were afraid a new
comer would steal their customers.'

For all their being stingy and chary, they lost much by not having had the
chance to share something dear to their hearts with someone younger and
aspiring. Also a measure of their insecurity that they were unable to
realize that a young whippersnapper was no real threat to them, right? ;-)

Thing is, if you want to receive, you have to give. Abbey Lincoln sings a
wonderful song called "Throw it Away." You have to keep your hands open if
you want to have room to receive anything.

Doing it--whatever it is--for love is the only way to do anything with
authenticity. All creative work should come from a place of love.

Kit