Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:51:40 -0800

Well, I'd certainly question the D2H producing better photos than the
D100. It's a camera aimed at taking fast photos, not the highest image
quality. It may have more advanced software than the D100, but there is
no way you could blow up a 4 megapixel photo as big as a 6 megapixel
camera and get equal image quality.

I'd have to see some hard numbers. But you are ignoring the fact that I
was talking about a five megapixel difference. Why bring up a totally
unrelated issue a one or two megapixel differences?

On Nov 29, 2003, at 6:01 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Which is why for instance the D1 series Nikon digital 5 Megapixel
> cameras are considered to make a better image I think than the D100 6
> Megapixel! Maybe even the D2H at 4 Megapixel is better!

Eric
Carlsbad, CA

"The theory of a free press is that truth will emerge from free
discussion, not that it will be presented perfectly and instantly in
any one account."

- -- Walter Lippmann

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)
Message from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)