Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 01:09:29 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> Hyperbole.
>
> Digital is faster.

Well maybe you've got your computer already hooked up to the camera so a
print could start slowing  grinding away minutes after the exposure.
An 8x10 Polaroid just gets fed through this thing fairly fast.
It could be a close call but my money is on the Polaroid.

I meant of course a final product not just seeing a result.

Polaroids are so thick and substantial. They are such objects. They only
way to compete with inkjet would be to use that thick fuzzy watercolor
paper stuff which is awful and expensive.

If Photoshop retouching turns out to be required I imagine a scan from
an 8x10 Polaroid would be a tasty file to work with.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)