Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 06:41:46 -0800

No, my photos never see paper for the most part, until they're on the
presses that are way better than any inkjet (and can print 10,000 pages
an hour!).

And yes, I can shoot with the camera hooked to a PowerBook. That's how
one of the best gem photographers in the world works now. And there are
probably more out there. Though others still shoot film for the most
part, it's only a matter of time. DIgital has one other advantage over
Polarioids - they are more accurate in terms of color. In my job,
that's much more important than anything else.

As you say, and it's quite true, big Polaroids are amazing objects in
and of themselves. And I hope they don't go away any time soon.

On Dec 1, 2003, at 1:09 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Well maybe you've got your computer already hooked up to the camera so
> print could start slowing  grinding away minutes after the exposure.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

AAAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse Anonymous

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)
Message from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)