Subject: Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:36:05 -0500

Just keep in mind that the term "2/3" does not refer to the actual size of
the sensor.  The sensor in this camera is the same tiny sensor found in
most p/s cameras with a 5 mp CCD (perhaps the Sony ICX282AQF, 9.74mm x
7.96mm with pixel size 3.4um x 3.4 um).  The term "2/3" comes from some
ancient measurement related to the days when television cameras used
photomultiplier tubes.   Which means the same inherent problems with noise
and DOF control problems.

I wonder how easy it will be to manually focus the camera using the
electronic viewfinder.   I find it very difficult in my (admitedly older
technology) Minolta D7's evf.

- -dan c.

Replies: Reply from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> ([Leica] OT: Canon or Epson printer ?)
Reply from Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)