Subject: Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:13:39 -0600

Kit McChesney said the following on 12/3/2003 8:51 PM:

> One  can't separate in some clean way the "exact" cost of creating a single
> camera model, as though it were created solely in a vacuum, uninfluenced by
> other business costs not necessarily "directly" related to the product being
> built.
Yes, one can, closely enough. That is what cost accounting is all about.
> It isn't just the "other" guy's camera with a red dot
> on it!
It actually is, as far as I can tell. Leica seems to have had major
input on specs -- but they do not build it -- or do they? All of Leica's
previous digitals have been the "other" guy's camera with a red dot.

This is not knocking Leica's approach to the D2 (or was it
Panasonic's?). Building a digital camera that handles like a film camera
is not a bad idea. Where is Cosina when we need them for digital?

- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net