Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M7 ... now MP vs. non-MP viewfinder ... how to tell?
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:52:22 +0800

This is only half the story.  All M7 cameras have multi-coated finder
windows hence the bluish cast.  Later M7s went one step further by having
the MP rangefinder assembly where an extra condenser lens was added.
Externally the windows look the same but when you look through the
viewfinder, the difference becomes clear.  The only sure way to make sure
you have a M7 with MP finder is to compare it with a MP body side by side.

From my experience, M7 bodies with 288xxxx have the MP finder.  The 285xxxx
M7 bodies have multi-coated finder windows but not quite the MP finder.

Joseph