Subject: Re: [Leica] It's snowing! It's snowing!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:06:08 -0800

Doug Herr said:

> I'm not fond of riding on ice but what you're missing Ted is Endorphins.
> rode in any weather in northern Illinois 'cuz the busses were too crowded.
>
> BTW during my lunchtime run today I used a short-sleeve t-shirt.  Some of
> my running companions were shirtless and the cyclists required no
> cold-weather clothing.<<

Yeah alright already,  but Doug yer cheating cause yer in California and
everyone knows it never gets cold in California the Sunshine State, accept 1
day every second millenium! ;-)

OK ok in the northern state mountains it snows and get's cold, sorry I
forgot. ;-)

>>but what you're missing Ted is Endorphins. <<<<

Yeah right! If I want an endorphin rush, I'll para solo out of a plane about
5-6 thousand feet ! Now that's an endorphin rush never to be missed.
Particularly do it a few days after your 65th birthday.  And trust me,
you'll never miss any endorphins after that. ;-)

Don't ask did I take a camera? No!

I figured I had enough to think about on a virgin jump without carrying a
camera. But within moments after the chute opened and I was floating to the
ground I cursed myself for not bringing one. And no there wont be a next
time, as I figure I made it 99.999% OK at 65. So why would I be crazy enough
to push my luck and try it again at 75! ;-)

Besides she who must be obeyed offered the next time option of .... "Even if
you land safely, be assured I will kill you!" :-)  I'm well aware I'm a tad
crazy but I'm not that crazy to die by her hands! :-) :-)

Cycling in freezing temps? Not on yer life no matter how wooly warm one can
be. I'll take para jumping first. ;-)   So there you go eh?
ted

Replies: Reply from Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com> (Re: [Leica] It's snowing! It's snowing!)