Subject: Re: [Leica] Film vs. digital: a true story :)
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:47:27 EST

In a message dated 12/6/03 5:10:35 PM, dorysrus@mindspring.com writes:

<< Teresa,
I had a nearby Frontier lab do the process and print.  The quantity was
actually 5X36 but we all blow frames so I tossed the bad ones.

As to your question as to digital able to do this, yes you could.  Most
U.S. camera places have kiosks that let you send your files to print.
But, as an interesting artifact of digital, most photographers don't.
First, you chimp the images, then you edit on a computer, then you fix
your exposure/lighting/sharpness issues, then you print.

My deal with film is one, it is already sharp; two, the printer fixes
color problems; and three, the lab buys back the bad prints.  So, for
situations like this I burn the film, drop it off at the lab, return in
an hour, sort the images, and last, drop them off at the customer.  This
is a very simple quick workflow for these kinds of events.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com >>

thanks don.   An interesting story to keep in mind.

Kim