Subject: Re: [Leica] My back hurts ..........
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:23:24 -0500

At 05:01 PM 12/15/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Tina Where are you going in in Ecuador ,¿what are you going
>to shoot with the Telyt-R 400mm, 560mm f/6.8 ?I can't even
>remember using a 180mm always found the wildlife and people
>to be quite friendly and inviting to be photographed ,
>¿didn't you just have your knees done ? My back hurts just
>thinking about getting through customs walking out of the
>air port in Quito .

I know what you mean, Charles!  We are spending the last week cruising the
Galapagos Islands.  I'm taking the long lens for that, even though I've
been told that the main problem will be to avoid stepping on the
blue-footed boobies and giant turtles.  I still think I might need the long
lens and it doesn't weigh much at all.  It's lighter than the 100
Macro!!  It just takes up space, not weight.  My knees are so much better
that I'm convinced that I could carry anything!  I'm up to a 20 minute mile
on the treadmill at the Y!  My knees click and groan when the temperature
goes down, but I'll be at the equator - even if it is 10,000 feet up!  Keep
your fingers crossed for me and I should do fine.

Best wishes for the holidays!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com