Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Equipment question
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:05:24 -0500

At 08:52 PM 12/15/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Tina innocently wrote:
>
> > I've packed the 400 with the tube but without the UV filter!!
>
>See my last transmission, Tina. Can anyone verify my vague recollection that
>the filter slot is supposed to be occupied all the time? Just checked the
>Lager and Rogliatti books and no mention of a filter requirement. If I can,
>tomorrow I'll try to reach Ernst Hartmann at Leica Northvale and ask him. If
>I reach him for an answer, Tina, I'll let you know.
>
>Seth

Seth -

I seem to be missing some LUG messages.  Several times lately I've gotten
the responses but never the original messages.  I'll hold off on packing
the lens until I hear from you. The filter won't take up that much room,
but I can't imagine needing it unless I hear from you equipment gurus that
it is necessary and why!  Let me know!!

Thanks -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP