Subject: RE: [Leica] I wish that Leica and Rollei
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:39:38 -0800

I prefer the portrait shot....  I don't like converging verticals nor
shadows of the photographer in the shot.

The problem with really wide lenses is as you show, you must watch your
shadow and also the verticals.  I would suggest using a tripod whenever
possible.  A cheap Craftsman ( Sears) round level ( $3) will do wonders for
getting the lens plumb to the earth.  Use it on some part of the comers that
is flat and in the correct plane, else use your tripod leveling
bubbles......

OTOH, the portrait is really nice.  Nice background, nice lighting, nice
exposure, nice perspective.  Just plain nice.  Your friend should be proud
to hang this portrait.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net