Subject: RE: [Leica] Now just inspired - Now Beamer
From: rclark01@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:23:11 +0000

Having a R1150RT Beemer and just recently attending my first F1 race, I find this topic pretty interesting.  Went to the USGP last September with my M6 and really enjoyed photographing the people in attendance.  They have a pit walkabout but if you work for Williams, that's probably a distraction since everyone has tons of questions and would like to literally touch the cars.  This year, I'm planning to take an old beater camera...a Canon AE1P with a couple of tele lenses and sit in the paddock.  No threat to Bernie...I'll be up there with all the Colombians (if they come back).  Seriously, there are few diehard F1 fans in the USA but those of us who are get up in the wee hours of the morning to see the races in Malaysia, Japan, Melbourne, Interlagos, etc.  Nice to see a Williams guy on the list....all the best for 2004.  Maybe Frank will be up there on the podium getting that constructor's trophy after a long hiatus.  About photographing the cars...I sat near turn one and simply focused on a spot with my 90mm and when the car came by, I tripped the shutter.  This was during Saturday qualifying but overall, I was fairly pleased with the results.