Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:50:45 -0500

P.S., Gerry, what would the fare be for a first-class cabin on QM2's maiden
voyage, were one available? And the maiden voyage fare for the top suite?

Another off-topic thought: for several years my law office was at One
Broadway, New York City. This building, at the foot of Broadway, just steps
from the "Battery", was built by Cunard, I believe in the 1920's, and for
many years was their New York HQ. The facade on the Broadway and adjacent
side facing lower New York bay, bore the arms, carved in stone, of the major
cities served by Cunard, including, I recollect, Southampton. The main
entrance is several steps up from street level (now a banking floor for
Citibank). There is a second entrance off to the side at street level and a
third to the sous-sol, several steps down from street level. In earlier
times they were of course the entrances for first, cabin and tourist class
passengers! Don't jump me anyone, I'm simply reporting facts.

Beautiful daughter, gorgeous 4 1/2 year-old granddaughter and I are off at
the crack tomorrow for a four day New Year's package at the Chateau
Montebello in western Quebec province, described by Fairmont, formerly
Canadian Pacific, as the largest log cabin the the world. And it is.

Before I go and before the turn of the year, I also want to report that I
awakened middle of the night late last week and concluded that I do owe B.D.
an apology for commenting to him as I did when I did not have all the facts,
being Jack McLain's earlier political observation. I continue to believe
that this list is not the place for political and provocative flame-throwing
nor for the kind of bad language that members occasionally permit
themselves. But B.D., I'm sorry.

To all a bon et heureux Nouvel An.

Seth               LaK 9

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2)