Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2
From: Will von Dauster <vondauster@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:46:36 -0700

Hi All,

On Dec 28, 2003, at 12:57 PM, Seth Rosner wrote a post I agree with, as
an ocean liner sentimentalist, one minor comment:

> A great treat, Gerry, and many thanks. I entered the port of
> Southampton 25
> years ago in Queen Elizabeth II, the last of the graceful transatlantic
> liners, in S.S. France in 1964, in S.S. Statendam in 1960, and in S.S.
> Nieuw
> Amsterdam in 1950. Sailed westbound from le Havre in 1950 on the maiden
> voyage of S.S. Liberte (2d maiden of this ship, originally pre-WWII
> Hamburg-American ship, I think the Bremen (?) calling at Southampton en
> route for New York....

The Liberte was the former Europa. My folks came to the US on board her.

Will von Dauster
Denver

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2)
Message from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2)