Subject: [Leica] Re: Digilux 2 vs Panasonic LC
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:27:34 -0600

B.D.:

>Don't forget too that you are paying $1850 for a point-and-shoot

Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to defend Leica.  I believe my decision
has been made...I'm leaning strongly toward Canon for both traditional SLR
and digital.  Can use the same lenses for each.  They've somehow figured out
how to make that work.  Yes, I know it's impossible.  :)

But I don't understand how a camera designed to appeal to those who want to
focus manually and set aperture and shutter speeds manually can be called a
point and shoot.  Just because it doesn't have an interchangeable lens?

You are correct, though.  $1850 is about $1200 too much.

Eric

Replies: Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Digilux 2 vs Panasonic LC)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Digilux 2 vs Panasonic LC)