Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Digilux 2 vs Panasonic LC
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:41:49 -0500

I know, I know, I'm an evil curmudgeon - Well, any number of
point-and-shoots can be set manually and focused manually - as you well
know, it's called manual 'over-ride.' The cameras, including the Leica,
are really designed to be used on auto - and will be used that way by
most people. They will point, and shoot. ;-) What's so funny about this
is people getting excited about the fact that they can use this camera
on manual, when those same people would bad mouth a Canon D1, or a Nikon
F100 or F5 film camera because it's "auto everything," when every day
numerous pros use those cameras on full manual everything...