Subject: RE: [Leica] Digilux 2
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:03:14 -0500

This is a joke, right Don? "Goes click when you press the shutter
release?" "Do that over and over?" Well, I'd prefer a virtually silent
camera - which is what most digital P&Ss are. And you can push the
shutter over and over. And if a camera has manual focus - you can set
it. Why would anyone want a pretend M - which is precisely what this new
camera is. So now making beautiful 11x14s is the goal? Funny that it
wasn't before Leica introduced this camera.

Yes, the initial price of a tool is trivial if, like an M, it is a tool
for a life-time. But NO digital camera will be a tool for a life-time.
Are you really saying that you will be satisfied with your 5 mgp Leica
Faux M when two years from now the standard is 8 or 10 mgp? And will you
be satisfied with your Faux M with its top iso of 400 with most digial
SLR's featuring top isos of 1600 or 3200? Even film M's are over priced
for what they offer, but they are well made - probably better made than
any current film camera; and they are the only game in town for someone
who wants a pro-quality rangefinder film camera.

The Faux M, however, is NOT the only game in town - but it is probably
the most overpriced game. ;-)