Subject: [Leica] Cold in Canada, Cold in Natchitoches
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:53:07 -0600

Hello LUG

In Natchitoches it is cold, +5 C  (41 F)   I ran across this clever thing on another International List (not Photo-related.)   Since we have neighbors well to the North on this list, so far North we don't even call them Yankees when they visit Natchitoches, I thought I'd share.

BTW, if you want to get a temperature conversion, put this formula into Google:  (number) f = ? C   or   (number) C = ? F

    + 15 C = Vancouverites try to turn on the heat.
   Winnipeggers plant gardens.

    +10 C = Victorians shiver uncontrollably.
     Edmontonians sunbathe.

    +5 C = Italian cars won't start.
     People in Regina drive with the windows down.

     0 C = Distilled water freezes.
     Winnipeg's water gets thicker.

     -5 C = Torontonians wear coats, gloves and wool hats.
    Calgarians throw on a t-shirt.

    -15 C = Quebecers begin to evacuate the province.
     People in Saskatchewan go swimming.

     -20 C = Toronto landlords finally turn up the heat.
      Winnipeggers have the last cookout before it gets cold.

      -25 C = People in Vancouver cease to exist.
     Edmontonians lick flag poles.

      -30 C = Calgarians fly away to Mexico.
      Winnipeggers throw on a light jacket.

      -40 C = Hamilton disintegrates.
       People in Saskatoon rent some videos.

      -50 C = Mt. St. Helen's freezes.
       Winnipeg Girl Scouts begin selling cookies door-to-door.

     -60 C = Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic.
     Manitoban Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets
     cold enough.

      -80 C = Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
     Winnipeggers pull down their ear flaps.

          -200 C = Microbic life survives on dairy products.
     Manitoba cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

      -273.15 C = ALL atomic motion stops.
     Winnipeggers start saying "Cold 'nuff for ya?"

     -400 C = Hell freezes over.
     The Winnipeg Blue Bombers win the Grey Cup.  (It's been a long
      time since this CFL trophy was won here!)

- --
Regards,
 Sonny                            mailto:sonc@sonc.com

http://www.sonc.com