Subject: Re: [Leica] Cold in Canada, Cold in Natchitoches
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 07:37:08 -0800

> In Natchitoches it is cold, +5 C  (41 F)   I ran across this clever thing
on another International List (not Photo-related.)   Since we have neighbors
well to the North on this list, so far North we don't even call them Yankees
when they visit Natchitoches, I thought I'd share.
> BTW, if you want to get a temperature conversion, put this formula into
Google:  (number) f = ? C   or   (number) C = ? F<<<<<

Sonny,
What a great way to start the first week of a New Year!!!! :-) Wonderful
humour which I'm sending to buddies across the Great White North. :-)

Including a few in Winnipeg if they're not out playing golf with blue
balls... you know to find them in the snow! ;-)

>>>-273.15 C = ALL atomic motion stops. Winnipeggers start saying "Cold
'nuff for ya?"<<<<

I swear I've been there in the winter at the corner of Portage & Main
streets and been colder than anytime in the High Arctic! :-)  Shutter lag?
Digi shutter lag is nothing compared to a Leica. Hell you press the shutter
release and several minutes later the exposure takes place! ;-) Now that's
Winnipeg on a warm day in January! :-)
ted

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Film is not dead!)
Message from Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com> ([Leica] Cold in Canada, Cold in Natchitoches)