Subject: Re: [Leica] The amazing Leicaflex SL
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:56:19 -0800

on 1/5/04 7:16 PM, Seth Rosner at sethrosner@direcway.com wrote:

> Feli:
>
> The SL may be bulky and lack bells and whistles. For me, it remains to this
> day the best SLR made. I bought one three years ago that had just been
> serviced by Don Goldberg who had also calibrated the meter for silver
> batteries. After two weeks' use I sold my R6 and haven't used any other SLR
> since. As a back-up, I bought a mint SL2 that the seller had had serviced by
> Don and am thinking of selling it because I don't think I'll ever need it.
> Sherry K tells me the SL is the only SLR camera whose quality and
> construction makes it the equal of the M3, in her opinion the best RF ever.
>
> I think Doug Herr shares this opinion.
>
> Seth              LaK 9

Yes I certainly do.  The only thing that could convince me to retire the SL
is a new SL3, basically an updated SL in the spirit of the MP.  Make it
compatible with R-cam and ROM lenses, give it the SL2's meter sensetivity
and hot shoe, and my credit card will be in trouble.  A real MLU would be
nice too, but as long as the shutter-button-flick trick works MLU isn't
essential.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com