Subject: Re: [Leica] The amazing Leicaflex SL
From: "Forrest Herr" <os_penguin@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:53:14 -0600

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Herr" <telyt@earthlink.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 9:56 PM

> on 1/5/04 7:16 PM, Seth Rosner at sethrosner@direcway.com wrote:
>
> > Feli:
> >
> > The SL may be bulky and lack bells and whistles. For me, it remains to
this
> > day the best SLR made. I bought one three years ago that had just been
> > serviced by Don Goldberg who had also calibrated the meter for silver
> > batteries. After two weeks' use I sold my R6 and haven't used any other
SLR
> > since. As a back-up, I bought a mint SL2 that the seller had had
serviced by
> > Don and am thinking of selling it because I don't think I'll ever need
it.
> > Sherry K tells me the SL is the only SLR camera whose quality and
> > construction makes it the equal of the M3, in her opinion the best RF
ever.

> > I think Doug Herr shares this opinion.

Forrest Herr certainly shares this opinion as well

I have enjoyed my leicaflex SL for the past year, and I will say that
Battery independance is a wonderful thing, especially after using digital
point and shoot cameras low on power for the school newspaper, and the
yearbook, what a headache.  I'm glad I don't have to worry about batteries
being charged, or replaced.

- -Forrest Herr