Subject: Re: [Leica] RE:The amazing SL
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 15:11:29 -0800

Javier Perez suggested:
Subject: [Leica] RE:The amazing SL

> The SL2 is every bit as robust as the SL
> It's essentially the same camera with a reshaped
> rear and an added pointer for aperture. 99.5% of the
> parts are interchangeable. The only thing that might
> create an illusion of less robustness is that the SL@
> has about 1cc more air in it because of the straighter
> rear corners. This will change the sound that's made
> when you tap an sl2 from the rear 3/4 vs an sl. There
> is no difference in robustness!<<<

Javier,
Oooooookkkkaaaayyyyyy if you say so!! ;-)

But did you ever use them in a work related day after day time after time
with the attendant bumps, bangs, thumps and knocks? I suppose tapping it
would tell you a significant amount of something, but it sure as hell
wouldn't tell how much of a work load they could handle.

And I'll stick by my working three of them daily words that the SL2 wasn't
as robustly built as the SL to handle a regular work a day shooting, bumping
and banging. And I never abused them in hanlding and looked after my gear
then, just as carefully as I do today. I've never worked for any one who
paid for gear, so I always bought and paid for my bits and pieces.

Therefore you damn well took care of it, but you still worked it hard like
the odd day pumping through 53 rolls in 12 hours shooting.

ted