Subject: Re: [Leica] The amazing Leicaflex SL
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:26:22 -0800

It always comes down to the right tool for the job on hand.

An "M" camera, no matter how good, would not allow me to do the photography
I want to do in a convenient fashion.  The R8 fits my style and gets the job
done.  Been 25+ years since I handled an SL that by friend had.  Can't
remember much about it other than I was impressed and wanted Leica, but
could not afford it then.  I think the R8 comes close to my memory of SL
quality, and for me I want the option of aperature prioroty metering and a
bright, easy to read viewfinder for "over 50" eyes.

Aram

> Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 05:25:37 -0800
> From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] The amazing Leicaflex SL
> on 1/6/04 8:28 PM, Gary Williams at nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com wrote:
>
> > With all due respect to the SL, the SL compares to an M much like a mule
> > compares to thoroughbred.
>
> In the back country of the Sierra Nevada I know which I'd rather ride:
>
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/family/cadillac.jpg
>
> "Cadillac" was sure-footed, smooth, stable, and responsive without being
> twitchy.  No fuss, no nasty surprises.  BTW in the saddlebag was a
Leicaflex