Subject: RE: [Leica] New kiev Contax image
From: Wade Heninger <lists@heninger.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:27:05 -0800

> The range finder is more accurate, longer base, and it is a range finder-
> view finder in one, don't have to move your eye back and forth with the
> normal lens.

The Fed 2 is the same.

hutter speeds are all on one dial, although you do
> loose 1 second, but thats no biggie.

The Fed 2 is the same here.

>Lenses are bayonet
> mount and thus are faster to change.

Make sense.

>In addition to the Russian lenses,
> most of which are quite good, you can use the German Zeiss Contax
> lenses and some of the Nikon rangefinder lenses.

And I can use Leica, Canon, Nikon and VC screw mounts.

> is easier as the entire back comes off, and you don't have to cut the
> leader.

Ah yes.  The Fed 2, however is the same.

> models ( 3, 3a, 4, and 4m) have built in meters, not very good in
> low light but fine in most daylight situations.

That is interesting.   I've read that these are not worth using and cannot
be counted on at all.  If this were untrue, I would definitely be
interested.

Note that in several cases my Fed 2 has the same advantages as the Kiev - I
was just checking too see if I'd missed anything.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
i n t e r a c t i o n  d e s i g n
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c .