Subject: Re: [Leica] processing temp in XTOL
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:08:57 -0800

On 2004-01-15 <tedgrant@shaw.ca (Ted Grant)> thoughtfully wrote:

>I've not seen any negative aspects at this temperature as the negs print
>well with a Leica enlarger in wet tray or scanned and 2200 dry printed. I
>suppose some of the technical astute folks may argue with my method, that's
>their prerogative. But it's worked for me through experience this year and
>roughly 700 rolls of Tri-x so who am I to argue. ;-)
>
>I soup 1:1 @ 75 for 8 minutes with the film rated at ASA 800. Full agitation
>for the first 30 seconds and three easy inversions of the film tank every 30
>seconds until done.

Exactly the kind of discussion I had hoped for, Ted. I greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Do you mostly shoot Tri-X at 800 or do you shoot at 400 also? I'm assuming that many of your images are in the O.R. and outside the direct surgical light field.

I'm hoping to play around this weekend with some different processing. I haven't shot Tri-X much at 800. And I'm finally going to run some TMAX 100.

Once again, thank you for your contributions to this list and your help.

Adam