Subject: [Leica] Re: processing temp in XTOL
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 05:45:45 -0600

Adam:

>I've always processed Xtol at 68.

>But I'm going to be processing some 1:3 dilutions and wonder if going up to say 75 wouldn't speed things up.

I'd suggest only changing one variable at a time.  In this case, dilution.

As of late, I've been pretty exclusive to Xtol 1:3 and Neopan at 70 F.  12
mins for Neopaon 1600 and Acros 100.  14.5 mins for Neopan 400.  1 minute
agitation initially, and then 10 seconds every minute.

I picked 70 F for convenience.  Most of the time, I don't have to worry
about heating up or cooling down my chemicals to get them to 70.  :)

Eric