Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "there's a law..."
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:53:54 -0800

On 1/19/04 7:56 PM, "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com> wrote:

> ""It's not true" that
> it's illegal to photograph federal buildings, he said this week. "They
> misspoke. It's certainly not illegal. But when we see people in front of
> buildings taking photos we try to be as vigilant as we can.""
>
> - --
> The last time I was bothered for taking a photo in public the subject was a
> pay phone. (Threat against the communications system?)
>
> First we learn a photographer can be arrested for photographing patrons at a
> shopping mall. Now we are supposed to be afraid to photograph the buildings
> we taxpayers paid for? With apologies to Mark R., what's secret about
> Portland?
>
> Next thing you know, they will arrest people of Arabic ancestry and hold
> them in secret. No, this is the Land of the Free, it will never happen
> here...
>
> Covertly, Bill Lawlor
>
> --

Did I say there was something secret about Portland? I wonder what I had in
mind? Secret shopping malls? Privately owned is all.
By the way if we are holding Arabs in secret how come we know about it?
I assume you mean the ones we've got in Guantánamo but I don't know.

Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: "there's a law...")