Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealing with Helixcamera.com
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:13:32 -0600

That is one of those places I avoid. I have had only ONE decent experience
with a questionable mail-order place (Tri-State filled my order without
incident). My most recent incident was with Smile Photo. They list things
on their web site that they do not have in stock, and will NOT tell you
much shipping is until you hit the [PURCHASE] button with all of you credit
card information submitted. They never had stocked the item I was ordering,
and didn't bother to let me know that they were ignoring the order. When I
finally inquired, they were very abrupt in telling me that they didn't
stock that item (well, why the hell is it on your web site with a price tag?).

I'd try to get my money back and run.

Jeffery