Subject: [Leica] Dealing with Helixcamera.com
From: Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:48:21 +0100

Dear Group - sorry is this is a tad bit off-topic, but I need some
overseas advice.

After some valuable advice form the list (and pain-seeking hours of
wading through the list archive), I decided that my kit would live
inside a Domke J-803. Although some suggestions were made about the
difficulty in delivering, I found one, ready for on-line ordering on:

  www.helixphoto.com

I ordered and payed (Paypal) for this item (USD 98.46, including
shipping) on Jan-7. After receiving automated replies from both Helix
and Paypal, things turned silent.

On Jan-12, I sent out a mail, kindly asking for confirmation of my order
and an expected date of delivery.

This was promptly answered with a message indicating that the specific
item was not in stock, and asking if I wanted to wait for two weeks to
back order.

On the same day I replied that I did want to wait if they were positive
about being able to deliver at all. I did not want to wait just to find
out that it is not coming after all. No answer came.

On Jan-14 I sent a reminder, because a reaction to the previous was
never issued. No answer came.

On Jan-18 I have again mailed them to say that I am concerned about my
order and the money that I have payed. As you might have guessed, no
answer has come to date...

I am just interested to learn if anyone here has dealt with these people
before?

Also any suggestions on how to handle this would be welcomed too.

Thanks a lot!

- --
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>

  (currently looking at Artisan & Artist bags ;-))

Replies: Reply from "Jorge M. Treviņo" <jorge@jorgemtrevino.com> (Re: [Leica] Dealing with Helixcamera.com)
Reply from David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca> ([Leica] Re: Dealing with Helixcamera.com)
Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Dealing with Helixcamera.com)
Reply from "Erik van der Meulen" <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com> (Re: [Leica] Dealing with Helixcamera.com is over!)