Subject: [Leica] OT Venice Hotels / Marrakesh
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:03:56 +0800

Hi Luggers,
I have been reading the digest in the archives to keep up with the
conversations in LUG land and this being the Chinese New Year holiday
in Hong Kong have decided to subscribe again so as to keep up with the
info flow. I have been shooting T400CN in my refurbished M4 hoping that
using this film will make scanning easier for B&W in the Nikon 4000
which does a really lousy job (at least in my hands) of scanning Tri X.
But most of my shooting recently has been with the Canon D60 and Leica
R lenses, including Ted Grant's well used but beloved 60 Elmarit which
came to me via Martin Howard. Thanks to both gentlemen. I am finding
that I am shooting more and more digital - the work flow is just so
much easier for me - and the ability to see instantly if you got what
you thought you wanted in terms of picture quality and content - is a
great bonus and very helpful in learning to be a better photographer
(again I say for me). I am waiting for the Canon EOS3 digital to appear
so that I can change focusing screens and overcome the focus problems I
have with Leica R lenses and the Canon D60. But this is all by way of
introduction to my main (OT) question. I will be going to Venice in mid
May with my wife and two younger daughters (18 and 20). We have been
searching the internet and travel books to find a smaller hotel for
four (which won't break the bank) and the more we look, the more
confused we become. Anybody have any suggestions for a moderate good
hotel in Venice?? Also, after Venice we are going to Marrakesh for a
conference and travel tips for that area of the world would also be
appreciated. I expect I will take my Canon digital SLR and Leica R
lenses on this trip - just to stray back on topic.
Gong Xi Fa Cai (Happy New Year!)
Howard in Hong Kong

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Venice Hotels / Marrakesh)
Reply from Leo W Wesson <lwwesson@pier1.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Venice Hotels / Marrakesh)