Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom Survey - 68 have responded
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:42:34 -0800

At 9:24 AM +0800 1/23/04, DKhong wrote:
>Friends
>
>Thanks to those who have responded so far. In case there are those
>who do not regularly check their email, I will wait till the weekend
>before analyzing the results of the survey.
>
>Dan K

Hi Dan,

I'm about 60% digital shooting right now, with a Canon D60 and a
small P&S. Waiting for PMA announcements.

Film is mostly B&W in M cameras (too many cameras, too many lenses)
and transparency film in SLRs (also too many cameras, lenses!) and
when on holiday, in M's as well. I enjoy good transparencies
projected on a large screen a great deal, and that is one area that
digital can't touch yet at any price, let alone a competitive price.
Interesting travel destinations will be recorded with slide film
until security/airline regulations make that impossible.

Colour and B&W in Fuji TX-1, Horizon, Rollei 35S etc.

Also larger film in Mamiya 645, Mamiya 6, Noblex, Hasselblad, RF
backs, various 4x5 (Ikeda, Sinar, Cambo). B&W and colour neg.

B&W film processed here, colour and some chromogenic B&W sent out.
Colour neg and some transparencies scanned (Nikon 8000 and Epson) and
printed via Macs on Epson 2200. Larger stuff sent out.

B&W printed in wet darkroom 90%; Focomat Ic and Beseler 4x5.

'Darkroom' vs. 'Lightroom' - 30:70. It's a bit hard to say, as some
stuff starts out with film, gets scanned, and then printed out of
house in various ways. I find that I print (or view on a projection
screen) a much higher percentage of the film I shoot than the digital.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com