Subject: Re: [Leica] I Hate Cats Contest....
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:01:38 -0800

Gary Williams said:

> How is it that the weakest and most vulnerable are the butt of mean
> spirited, cruel and puerile humor---and worse, the real cruelty?<<<

And he said a considerable amount more not worth repeating!

My heavens Gary please get a life, this is a simple little event where no
one gets hurt by the photographs nor do the cats.

Our family has been a cat family for eons and we've always had them around
until last March when old Miller had to be put down while I was in Boston
photographing medical profesionals for Women in Medicine.

Now try and feel the distress in this situation of me trying to console my
wife on the phone as the vet who came to our home to give last rights and
put the old guy out of his illness beyond hope.

I'm in the hotel crying, my wife is crying and I can't hold her close to
give comfort as old Miller just went quietly. And if this small family
moment doesn't mean anything to you in how we relate to cats then  you are
very sadly mistaken. Hell we'd had him for 23 years. He was as much a child
to our whole family as our 4 human children.

And we have any number of photographs of him on his back, curled up asleep
in the window, sitting on any warm place he could find, hugged by my grand
children and many of him in the arms of she who must be obeyed. And if he
could've talked I doubt he'd have carried on like you have about his
picture.

And to show you where our priorities lie in relation to cats how about this?
Hell when we moved from Ottawa in Eastern Canada to Victoria on the west
coast Irene and I drove, But we flew the three cats!

And you have the audacity to come on here and berate the members for clean
simple fun showing pictures of their pets in funny situations, shame on you,
please go away until this is over.

I find your references to B.D. and Steve absolutely less than juvenile at
best, and as a cat person I think you have a rather twisted mind about life
in general when we have a simple fun thing where "NO ONE NOR ANIMAL GETS
HURT!"

So far the pictures have brought back very happy memories for Irene and I as
we see something in them of the many cats and kittens in our lives over the
past 50 years.

So Sir please take your leave and we'll call you after a winner has been
declared. Mean while have a nice weekend.
ted.