Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 4: Snaps from around here
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:33:44 +0100

Thanks, Bob!

The R2 and the Skopar are an excellent combination. I would normally
have the Summilux with me (it was a dark day and I expected to need the
wider apertures) but it was in the Leica hospital after a fall from a
bookshelf during Christmas. I use the R2 for either high speed film
(Neopan 1600) or for infrared; on this occasion it was loaded with
Acros, as my M6 (to which the aforementioned Summilux was attached when
it fell) was also in the hospital...

I generally take the Skopar rather than the Summilux when I am sure that
there will be enough light for me not to need f1.4 or f2. It is a
wonderfully compact lens with outstanding quality. If anyone asks me
about getting into rangefinder photography on a budget, I will recommend
the Cosina/Voigtlander offerings every time, rather than some ancient
screw mount Leica or dodgy Russian lenses. Sure, my M6 and M7 are much
nicer, but you can get a complete Voigtlander outfit for the price of an
M7 body!

Nathan