Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: [Large Format] Beth Keiser Shoots B&W 4x5 ForCampaign Coverage
From: "David Rodgers" <davrodgers@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:30:55 -0800

Mark,

The new 90 Elmar looks very interesting. Part of me wants to go out an buy a
DSLR. Another part says to buy a new Leica lens, either the 90 or a Noct.
The Leica lens side is winning.  I know that in 5 years the DSLR will be
worth about as much as a postage stamp and we'll learn that bytes actually
fade with time. But the 90 will just be broken in. And, of course, by then
Nikon will have a 10,000 scanner out. Not only will it scan full rolls at
even higher res (squeezing even more from the 90), but it'll make coffee,
too.  A Mr. Coolscan?

DaveR